The joy of seasons

Last week in Utah, the weather was beautiful with temperatures in the 70s. This week, a nice spring cold front moved through and brought lots of rain to the valleys and snow to the mountains. I enjoyed getting out for a hike once I could, and was thrilled to see these delightful conditions in the foothills, where seasons are colliding.
It's easy to get our hopes up in the spring; we have a week of unseasonably warm weather, and we put away the snow shovels and winter boots. Even nature agrees, as the hills start to turn green and we see plants and blossoms sprouting all over. Then a snow storm dumps its whiteness on us and we have to postpone our enthusiasm, just a little.
In this case, it was even more confusing. The late afternoon light with overcast skies made the trees glow like it was peak autumn! These are the scrub oaks and other trees that hold their dead and dry leaves until the spring instead of letting them "fall in the fall." But the glowing color almost made me forget we'd already been through winter!
Having such compressed feelings of all four seasons reminded me how much I love seasons! Some people enjoy living in a place where the seasons blur together into what they consider some ideal, but that would not work for me. I have learned to find beauty and enjoyment in all the seasons! I #GiveThanks for the blessing of variety and change.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nature's secret maps

Napping in public

Every Day is a Gift