Self-sufficiency

 

There are different approaches to "experiencing the outdoors." Different times and settings require different gear and planning. In both of the attached photos, I am prepared for a couple of days of "adventure" - in different ways.
I love the thrill of backpacking - knowing that I am carrying on my back everything I need to stay alive for several days - food, clothing, shelter, emergency supplies. There is a thrill to this kind of adventure that is hard to beat.
I also love the new mode Bonnie and I are enjoying together in retirement. A trailer gives a kind of freedom to travel and explore at a much lower cost than airplanes and hotels, plus the opportunity to experience the countryside while getting to your destination. It's perhaps a little more comfortable for middle-aged folks who get sore after a night or two on the ground!
"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven" - a time to backpack into the wilderness, and a time to tow a trailer to a campsite.
I #GiveThanks for the privilege of continuing to enjoy life in different ways, and for the joy of each different experience!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nature's secret maps

Napping in public

Every Day is a Gift