Happy birthday Daddy


My father, Walter David Kenison, was born in July 15, 1919 - 102 years ago today. I only got to help him celebrate 7 of his 45 birthdays on this earth; how I wish there had been more!
I've pondered today what it means to be a father. My Dad had very little time to make a difference in my life - to teach me lessons, pass on his wisdom, share experiences and insights. But yet, the influence of who he was and what was important to him made a significant difference to me for many years after his passing, and I believe still does.
Fatherhood is not just the biological creation of a life; it's also so many aspects of defining the meaning and quality of that life. I am who I am today, partly because my father was who he was.
I #GiveThanks for a noble heritage, and for the privilege of passing on a portion of that to those who come next in the ongoing progression of lives! Each of us who is privileged to play a part in one of those "trees" should live our life knowing that we are passing on who we are, for better or worse. What an honor, and what a responsibility!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Napping in public

Nature's secret maps

Every Day is a Gift