The colors of nature


The attached pictures are a few of many I took during the past day. I've been thinking about how much I #GiveThanks for nature's gift of color, and for my ability to perceive it. It's easy to be impressed by the varied colors of beautiful wildflowers - they always delight me with their vibrance and variety. There is tremendous variation in the colors of rocks and minerals, in planta and animals, and of course in glorious sunsets. Color is everywhere!!
People who are colorblind typically can't see the entire color spectrum. They see muted views of some colors, and for example may have trouble distinguishing between red and green. That can be a handicap in a world where color conveys meaning; but it must also lessen the joy of appreciating what most of us enjoy.
I've sometimes wondered if there are other properties in the world around us that could convey information as unique as color, that maybe we are not aware of or not capable of detecting. Fascinating to consider!
For the time being, I plan to go on being thrilled and delighted with the wonderful gift of color in my world!

 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nature's secret maps

Napping in public

Every Day is a Gift