Memorial Day, goodly parents

 


Memorial Day began in the years following the US Civil War, and was declared an official federal holiday in 1971 as a time to honor those who died serving in the US Military. Traditions have expanded to include honoring all departed ancestors with decorations in cemeteries and family gatherings.
I am so grateful to have been born to these two wonderful people. My father and I shared only a few years together, but his influence has been subtle and lasting. My mother raised me, put up with me, directed and guided me for more than 50 years, and taught me so much about life and what truly matters. I #GiveThanks for both of them, who came together from dramatically different backgrounds to set five children on life's path. I'm grateful this weekend for the privilege of honoring and remembering them! I hope to continue to make them proud of their only son.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nature's secret maps

Napping in public

Every Day is a Gift