Parks and recreation - and mountains!

 

Anyone want to guess why I like taking my grandchildren to this park near our home? (That's my grandson on the left in the red shirt, doing the "tricky bars," and my granddaughter on the right in a white shirt atop the climbing structure.)
Of course, I #GiveThanks to Orem City for the beautiful parks that are well-maintained by the city, and for this new play equipment in our park. It's nice to have such wonderful recreation sites for children.
Of course, I love seeing our little ones exercising, interacting with other children, and being entertained, especially in an outdoor setting.
But in addition to all of that, I come for the view! I love how our glorious mountains on the Wasatch Front rise so abruptly from the valley floors, giving us spectacular vistas of these majestic peaks. I love that I have had the privilege of being atop almost all of them, most of them many times - looking up often brings back wonderful memories of the thrill to be up there, looking down. In inspires me to prepare to return as often as I can, for as long as I can in years to come!
It's important for us to have visions of heights to which we aspire. Not all of us can physically climb mountains; but we can all climb in other ways, reaching for goals or dreams that are worthwhile even if sometimes hard to achieve. Having those goals is a greater blessing in our performance than we often realize.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nature's secret maps

Napping in public

Every Day is a Gift