Mom's White Rose


My mother was born in Germany 95 years ago today - March 14, 1926. She lived through World War II, emigrated to the United States, married my father, had five children, lost her husband to a farm accident after 12 years of marriage, then bravely raised those children on her own. She lived a remarkable life of 83 years until heart problems and strokes wore her out.
As I reminisce on her life today, there are so many things to #GiveThanks for. She sacrificed so much to raise me, and there were times when I didn't make it easy for her. She was at times strict and harsh; but she loved her children and grandchildren, and would have done anything for us.
Mom was always friendly and outgoing in public, talking to everyone around her. The story of her white rose in one of the attached images is a sacred memory in our family. The day after she sent an email to the family with the story, I went to her home and asked to take a photo of her with her rose.


A great lesson: don't ever hesitate to express and demonstrate love. We all should be more grateful for each other! Thank you Mom. I love you.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nature's secret maps

Napping in public

Every Day is a Gift