Gratitude Posts: history


The week before Thanksgiving last year, President Nelson shared an invitation to ponder things we were grateful for, and share them on social media during the following week with the hashtag #GiveThanks. I accepted the challenge and started doing it that day. For the next week, my feeds were filled with delightful, positive messages as so many people participated.
At the end of the week, I forgot to quit. I was enjoying it so much - and feeling the personal benefits - that I just kept going. Today marks 100 days of sharing a gratitude thought. I still haven't figured out how to stop; not sure how long I'll continue, but it's working for me now!
It really is a gift to have a grateful heart. It can change our whole mindset, our approach to life. It changes the way we perceive the world around us, and how we respond to challenges and disappointments.
"I have concluded that counting our blessings is far better than recounting our problems. No matter our situation, showing gratitude for our privileges is a unique, fast-acting, and long-lasting spiritual prescription."
- President Russell M. Nelson, 20 Nov 2020
I #GiveThanks for the opportunity of continuing to learn about the power of a thankful mind and heart!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nature's secret maps

Napping in public

Every Day is a Gift