Pieces of my heart

 


As the years go by, my heart has continued to spread around the world. I wonder how many more locations will capture a portion in coming years? But we #GiveThanks for these locations and the special memories each holds for us.

1. I was born and raised in the shadows of Utah's majestic peaks, and will forever hold this place dear.

2. Early in life I learned to love Germany, my mother's homeland. It's been wonderful to visit and explore the culture and history.

3. I also learned to appreciate Samoa, where my grandfather was born and where I have many cousins and relatives. Still need to visit to cement the love!

4. As a young man, the call to serve a mission in Brazil was completely unexpected but a remarkable blessing.

5. My first job out of college was in northern Virginia, where I met and married my sweetheart, had our sweet Sarah born, and I survived cancer.

6. We were only in Colorado for two short years, but loved the wholesome mountain setting - and adopted our son Matthew.

7. The next unexpected call was our senior mission to Argentina, interrupted by COVID, but forever a special place in our memories.

There are many other wonderful places in the world we have visited and enjoyed through the years, but these seven are special to me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Napping in public

Nature's secret maps

Every Day is a Gift